A PART OF BERLIN’S HISTORY

HABEL – what was, is and will remain good

Johann Georg HABEL, a trained brewer, became the king’s “cellar master”. Together with his brother, on 8th June 1779 he founded the HABEL Wine House at Unter den Linden 30. Thanks to HABEL’s excellent wines and hospitality, it quickly became “the tasting room of Prussia”, and in 1824 it obtained the predicate of Royal Purveyor. The HABEL Wine House has lived through the power exchange of kings and chancellors, the two World Wars and the division of the city. After the wall fell, the former HABEL in the Roseneck area moved back to the location of its former founding address to be known as HABEL at the Reichstag. With delicious wines and tasty food at fair prices, we continue our home-style tradition in the heart of Berlin.